How Much Does It Cost to Get Into the Empire State Building?
The Empire State Building is an iconic landmark in New York City that attracts millions of visitors each year. It offers breathtaking views of the city skyline from its observation decks, making it a must-visit attraction for both locals and tourists. However, before planning a visit, it is essential to know the cost of entry and other relevant information. Let’s explore how much it costs to get into the Empire State Building.
The cost of entry to the Empire State Building varies depending on the type of ticket and experience you choose. Here are the options available:
1. Main Deck Ticket: This ticket provides access to the 86th-floor observation deck, which offers stunning panoramic views of the city. The cost for adults (13-61 years) is $42, while seniors (62+ years) pay $40, and children (6-12 years) pay $36. Children under six years of age can enter for free.
2. Main Deck Express Pass: If you wish to skip the regular lines and save time, you can opt for the Main Deck Express Pass. This ticket costs $72 for all age groups.
3. Main Deck + Top Deck Express Pass: This ticket allows you to visit both the 86th-floor observation deck and the 102nd-floor top deck. The cost for adults is $75, seniors pay $73, and children pay $69.
4. Sunrise/Sunset Experience: For an unforgettable experience, consider visiting during sunrise or sunset. The ticket price for adults is $100, seniors pay $98, and children pay $94.
5. AM/PM Combination Pass: This pass grants access to the Main Deck twice in one day, allowing you to experience both daytime and nighttime views. The cost for adults is $58, seniors pay $56, and children pay $52.
1. Can I buy tickets in advance?
Yes, it is highly recommended to purchase tickets online in advance to avoid long queues at the ticket counter.
2. Are there any discounts available?
Yes, there are discounts available for students, military personnel, and New York City residents. Valid identification is required to avail of these discounts.
3. Can I visit the Empire State Building at any time?
The Empire State Building is open daily from 8:00 am to 2:00 am, with the last elevator going up at 1:15 am. However, it is advisable to check the official website for any updates or temporary closures.
4. How long does the visit usually take?
The average visit to the Empire State Building lasts approximately 1-2 hours, depending on crowd size and time spent on the observation decks.
5. Are there any additional experiences or exhibits?
Yes, the Empire State Building offers exhibits such as the Sustainability Exhibit, which showcases the building’s green initiatives. These exhibits are included in the ticket price.
6. Is there a dress code to enter the building?
There is no specific dress code, but visitors are advised to dress comfortably and according to the weather conditions, as the observation decks are open-air.
7. Can I bring food or drinks inside?
Outside food and drinks are not permitted inside the building. However, there are various dining options available within the Empire State Building for visitors to enjoy.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a regular explorer of the Empire State Building, knowing the cost of entry and the available ticket options will help you plan your visit accordingly. Consider the various ticket packages and experiences mentioned above to make the most of your visit to this iconic New York City landmark.