How to Get Into SEMA 2017: The Ultimate Guide
SEMA, short for Specialty Equipment Market Association, is a highly anticipated automotive trade show that attracts car enthusiasts and industry professionals from all around the world. It is a platform where manufacturers, retailers, and enthusiasts come together to showcase the latest trends, innovations, and products in the automotive aftermarket industry. If you’re an automotive enthusiast or a professional looking to attend SEMA 2017, here’s a guide to help you secure your entry to this prestigious event.
1. Register Early: SEMA is a popular event, and tickets sell out quickly. To ensure your spot, register as soon as the registration opens. SEMA offers early bird discounts, so you’ll save money by securing your ticket early.
2. Have an Automotive Affiliation: SEMA is an industry-only trade show, which means it is not open to the general public. To attend, you must have an automotive affiliation. This includes being employed by a company in the automotive industry or having a business related to the automotive aftermarket sector.
3. Prepare Supporting Documentation: When registering for SEMA, you’ll need to provide supporting documentation to prove your automotive affiliation. This can include business cards, company letterhead, or a copy of a recent paycheck stub.
4. Attend as an Exhibitor: If you’re a manufacturer or a retailer in the automotive aftermarket industry, consider exhibiting at SEMA. Exhibitors have access to the show throughout its duration, allowing them to network, showcase products, and gain exposure for their brand.
5. Apply for Media Credentials: If you’re a journalist, blogger, or have a significant online presence in the automotive industry, you can apply for media credentials. This will give you access to exclusive press conferences, product unveilings, and other media-related activities at SEMA.
6. Book Accommodations in Advance: With thousands of attendees flocking to Las Vegas for SEMA, finding accommodation can be challenging. Book your hotel well in advance to secure the best rates and locations near the convention center.
7. Network and Connect: SEMA is not just about the trade show itself; it’s also an opportunity to network and connect with industry professionals. Attend after-parties, industry events, and join online forums to meet like-minded individuals and build relationships that can benefit your career or business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. Can I attend SEMA if I’m not affiliated with the automotive industry?
A1. No, SEMA is an industry-only trade show. You must have an automotive affiliation to attend.
Q2. How much does it cost to attend SEMA?
A2. The cost varies depending on your affiliation and when you register. Early bird registration starts at $40 for exhibitors and $25 for attendees.
Q3. Can I bring my family or friends to SEMA?
A3. No, SEMA is strictly for industry professionals and not open to the general public. Family and friends cannot attend unless they have a legitimate automotive affiliation.
Q4. Can I buy tickets at the door?
A4. No, SEMA tickets must be purchased in advance. There are no ticket sales at the door.
Q5. Do I need to bring my ID to SEMA?
A5. Yes, you must bring a valid photo ID along with your SEMA badge to gain entry.
Q6. Can I attend SEMA if I’m under 18 years old?
A6. No, SEMA attendees must be 18 years or older.
Q7. Are there any age restrictions for exhibitors?
A7. While there are no specific age restrictions for exhibitors, it is recommended that exhibitors be at least 16 years old due to the nature of the event.
In conclusion, attending SEMA 2017 requires early registration, an automotive affiliation, and proper documentation. Whether you’re a professional in the industry or an automotive enthusiast, SEMA presents a unique opportunity to explore the latest trends, network with industry professionals, and gain valuable insights into the automotive aftermarket sector. Plan ahead, secure your entry, and get ready for an unforgettable experience at SEMA 2017!